Electric-electronic barrier - Water engineering facility protection system
The NEPTUN system is an electric-electronic barrier that prevents fish from swimming into the areas of water engineering facilities.
Principle of operation:
- repellent action (affecting full-grown fish and fry) of heterogeneous pulse low-voltage electric field *
- effect on the nervous and muscular system of fish on the information level
- statistical changes in the field parameters prevent fish from adaptation.
* repellent parameters of the field pose no threat to living organisms (including people)
Watch the film: Tests at the Wrocław University of Environment
Watch the film: Tests in Hammond Bay Laboratory, USA
Watch the film: Tests on rivers, USA
Watch the film: Tests in Germany
Advantages of the NEPTUN system:
- easy assembly at the existing, as well as new facilities (river width and depth and type of bed are of no importance)
- no limitations for vessel traffic
- resistance to mechanical damages (e.g. floating trees)
- resistance to ice conditions
- low power consumption.
The examinations of the system efficiency were conducted by the Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences and the Inland Fisheries Institute in Olsztyn (Żabieniec Branch) as a part of the Sector Operational Programme "Fishery and Fish Processing 2004-2006".
Welcome to the new product page